COMMUNITY HEALTH IMPROVEMENT
- Association for Community Health Improvement
- Mobilizing for Action through Planning and Partnerships
- Redefining Progress
- Center for Health Improvement
- Center for Civic Partnerships
- Community Health Rankings
- Community Tool Box, University of Kansas
- Community Health Assessment: Compendium of Processes
- All Kinds of Minds
- A P I A S F . Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Funds
- College Connections
- Ericae.net Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation
- Every Child Matters
- Federal Student Aid US Department of Education
- Hawaii Community Foundation
- Hawaii Learning Resource
- Schwab Learning
- State of Hawaii – Department of Education
- Student Online Achievement Resources(SOAR)
MODELS OF COMMUNITY HEALTH
- Maine Measures of Growth in Focus
- Maine Development Foundation
- Sustainable Seattle
- Vermont Well-Being 2006
- Association for Community Health Improvement
- America’s Job Exchange
- County of Hawaii
- Hawaii Department of Education
- Hawaii Department of Health
- Hawaii Health Systems Corp
- Hawaii State Judiciary
- HireNetHawaii for employers and employees
- Labor Market Information
- Office of Hawaiian Affairs
- Pacific Business News
- Small Business Administration
- State Civil Service
- State of Hawaii – Workforce Development Division
- U.S. Department of Labor
- US Jobs
- Virtual Career Network Healthcare
- West Hawaii Today-Help Wanted Ads
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT TOOLS
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America
- Drug Free Hawaii
- Information for Parents to Reduce Underage Drinking & Driving
- National Alcohol and Drug Information
- Recovery Connection – Drug and Alcohol Helpline
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services
- The Meth Project
- U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency
BOOKS AND JOURNALS
- Assessment of Performance Measures for Public Health, Substance Abuse, and Mental Health, National Academy of Sciences, 1997.
- Big Island Substance Abuse Council Annual Report, 1999-2000.
- Children’s Budget Analysis Data Book: Hawaii Kids Watch, 1999
- Community Substance Abuse Indicator Handbook: Institute for Health Policy, Heller School, Brandies University, Boston University School of Public Health and Boston University, 1997.
- Community and Quality of Life: Data Needs for Informed Decision Making, National Academy Press, 2002.
- Connell, James P., Kubish, Anne C., Schorr, Lisbeth B., and Weiss, Carol, H. eds., New Approach to Evaluating Community Initiatives: Concepts Methods and Contents, The Aspen Institute,1995: 173-199.
- Durch, Jane S., Bailey, Linda A., and Stoto, Michael A. eds. Improving Health in the Community: A Role for Performance Monitoring Division of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention: Institute of Medicine, 1997.
- Fulbright-Anderson, Karen, Kubish, Anne C., Connell James P., eds. New Approaches to Evaluating Community Initiative: Volume 2 Theory, Measurement, and Analysis. The Apsen Institute, 1998.
- Hawaii Health Performance Plan: Health Services and Facilities Plan for the State of Hawaii 1999-2004, State Health Planning and Development Agency.
- Hawkins, J. D. Ph.D., et al. (1999). Preventing Adolescent Health Risk Behaviors by Strengthening Protection During Childhood Arch Pediatric Adolescent Med Mar: 153(3):226-34
- Hogan, Cornelius D., and Murphey David A. “Toward an Economics of Prevention” Illustrations from Vermont’s experience. The Finance Project, December 2000.
- Issacs, Stephen L., Knichman , James eds., To Improve Health and Health Care 2001; The Robert Wood Johnson Anthology, Jossey Bass, 2001.
- James, Donna Walker, ed. More Things that Do Make A Difference for Youth. A Compendium of Evaluations of Youth Progress of Practices. American Youth Policy Forum.
- Johnson, Kathryn, Grossman, Wynee, Cassisdy, Anne, eds., Collaborating to Improve Community Health: Workbook and Guide to Best Practices in Creating Healthier Communities and Populations. The Healthcare Fourm, Jossey Bass, 1996.
- Keala Hoku: Critical Indicators Report 1999. Hawaii Community Service Council.
- Kindig, David MD, Ph.D., Purchasing Population Health: Paying for Results, University of Michigan Press, 2000.
- Leiyu, S., Starfield, B., Kennedy, B., & Kawachi, I. (1999). Income inequality, Primary Care, and Health Indicators. The Journal of Family Practice, 48(4) 275-284.
- Maine Economic Indicator Program. Maine Development Foundation – www.mdf.org.
- Map and Track: State Initiatives for Young Children and Families, 2000 Edition, National Center for Children in Poverty, 2000.
- Measuring Program Outcomes: A Practical Approach, United Way of America, 1996.
- Miringott, Mac; Miringott and Marque-Luisa. The Social Health of the Nation: How America is Really Doing, Oxford University Press, 1999.
- Outcome Based Planning. Agency of Human Services, Vermont. February 9, 2000. For further information, contact Marilyn Blow at 802-241-2950.
- Perrin, Edward B., Koshel, Jeffery J. eds., Assessment of Performance Measure for Public Health, Substance Abuse and Mental Health National Research Council, National Academy Press, 1997.
- Primary Care Needs Assessment Data Book: Maternal and Child Health Risk Indicators. (1999, December, pp.35-37, 40).
- Promoting Health: Intervention Strategies from Social and Behavioral Research, Institute of Medicine, National Academy Press, 2000.
- Report on Medical Guidelines & Outcomes Research: “Countywide Initiative Lowers Heart and Cancer Death Rates” Vol. 11, No. 11 (May 25, 2000), pp.5-7.
- Scanning Hawaii: Forces for Change 1999, Hawaii Community Services Council
- Smith, Jenny Education and Public Health: Natural Partners in Learning for Life.
- The Wellmark Report: Health in Iowa, Health in South Dakota, 2000, Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Iowa and South Dakota.
- Tarlov, Alvin, St. Peter, Robert F. eds., Vol II “A State and Community Perspective” The New Press, 2001.
- Werner, E. E., Ph.D. (1992). The Children of Kauai: Resiliency and Recovery in Adolescence and Adulthood. Journal of Adolescent Health (1992) 13:262-268.
- When Teens Have Sex: Issues and Trends: Kids Count Special Report, The Annie E. Casey Foundation, 1998.
- Yudko,Errol, Hall, Harold V. and McPherson, Sandra B. Methamphetamine Use: Clinical and Forensic Aspects.